Slimbridge Beerfest is an annual event held every year in June, as close as possible to the longest day.
This one day event is popular as a smaller Beer Festival with a good range of real ales, excellent bands, good food and room to enjoy the evening.
Held in the grounds of Slimbridge Wildfowl and Wetlands Trust, it is convenient for visitors living between Bristol and Gloucester and attracts visitors from further afield.
Proceeds assist Scouting in the area around Slimbridge & the local area.
This web site enables you to buy tickets, see past events and, as we get closer to this year’s festival, to see the Beer Menu and details of bands.
Never been to Slimbridge Beerfest before? How does it work?
- Entry is by ticket – or by cash should the event not be sold out before the day.
- We operate challenge 25 so if you are over 18 and under 25, please bring ID.
- Accompanied children are admitted free.
Wrist bands and beer glasses
- As you enter the site, over 18s are given a beer glass or wine glass plus a wrist band. The wrist band confirms that you have purchased a ticket, are over 18 and can obtain alcohol. Drinks will only be served in to a Slimbridge Beer Festival beer glass or wine glass.
- Accompanied children do not get a beer glass or wine glass or a wrist band. Soft drinks are available for them and, of course, they can obtain food.
- To ensure that you get your drinks and food as quickly as possible, cash is not taken at the bar or food tent. Instead you buy tokens which you can use for any purchase on site.
- The token sales point is located to the right of the main marquee and is manned for the whole evening.
- So how many tokens do you buy? That is entirely up to you but we recommend that you estimate how many drinks you will be buying – most beers and ciders are £3 for pint whilst wine is £3 for a 250ml bottle. Burgers also start at £3.
- Tokens are in 50p units and just simply ask for tokens to the value that you want to convert.
- Tokens can be bought at any time up to 11pm but can only be converted back to cash BEFORE 10:30pm.
- We are an open air event and as such at the mercy of the elements. In the event of rain you may bring small gazebos but these may only be erected adjacent to the perimeter fence.
- Music is available for most of the evening – the extended opening time gives the chance for four bands to play.
Drink responsibly and enjoy the evening!